Monday, August 22, 2005

Maine...the way life should be



Heidi and I are settling down here in the good ole' state of Maine. Still living with her wonderful parents in Sebago, but we are trying to figure out if we are going to rent or build this fall. For the meantime, we get to wake up to beautiful vistas of Sebago lake every morning.

Just recently, Windham Baptist Church voted unanimously to bring me on staff as their associate pastor. This a huge answer to prayer. God is so good to us! My primary responsibilities will be planning and leading corporate worship. In so many ways, I cannot imagine another a better place to serve. My responsibilities match my passions and gifts, I get to serve alongside one of my best friends, the congregation has a passion for the supremacy of God, and my wife doesn't mind living near her family again. Come up and visit us sometime. 10:15 AM every Sunday!

New England Bible College was also kind enough to invite me back to teach a class this fall, New Testament Survey. Not only that, but I will be co-leading a study tour in Egypt and Jordan this coming January.

As good as Maine is, Heidi and I miss our dear friends from Seminary. We hope you are all doing well. Stay in touch.

No comments: