Thursday, March 06, 2008

How Now Shall We Worship?

This coming April 6 New England Bible College is sponsoring a worship conference called "How Now Shall We Worship?" The outstanding Gordon-Conwell professor, Gary Parrett, is going to be teaching on "The 9.5 Theses on Worship", a potently condensed overview of the theology and practice of worship. It's a must read for every Christian! It's definitely my "go-to" article for introducing people to what biblical worship looks like. And I'm incredibly honored to be teaching the second session on "The Value of Gathered Worship: Why God's People Need to Worship Together." Some of my thoughts about that can be read here. If you're in the neighborhood, I hope you can make it out. Gary has been, without a doubt, the single most impactive person in my life who challenged and equipped me to think biblically and serve lovingly in the ministry of gathered worship. I hope to see you at the conference!

(In the meantime, be sure to read his article, here!)

4 comments:

Marc said...

That's AWESOME! I'd be honored to be listed on the same program as Dr. Parrett! He was my NT prof at Gordon and just a phenominal guy! Sorry I can't make the trip...

Be praying for you!

Josh O. said...

Thanks, Marc. I'm glad you got sit under his teaching at Gordon. Definitely appreciate the prayers.

Bob Spencer said...

I'll be there! Looking forward to meeting you, too!

Josh O. said...

Bob, it'll be great to meet you outside of blogdome. Looking forward to a good chat with you.